BECI: The Most Influential and Popular Chamber of Commerce in Brussels since 1703
Brussels Enterprises Commerce & Industry (BECI) is a partnership between the Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CCIB) and the Union of Companies (UEB) in Brussels.
BECI’s roots go back to 1703, when the Chamber of Commerce and Industry was founded.
BECI is managed by its members. It is based on an interprofessional, neutral, and bilingual model.
It represents two thirds of employment in Brussels and more than 35.000 businesses.
Olivier Willocx, Managing Director, studied economics at the Université Libre de Bruxelles (ULB). Olivier has over 20 years of experience working with Chambers of Commerce.
Joelle Evenepoel is General Secretary. She studied law at the Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB). Joelle has now been working at BECI for nearly 17 years.
Jan De Brabanter is UEB’s General Secretary. He studied political science at the Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB). He has been working with UEB for nearly 10 years.
Marc Decorte is the President. He has been CEO for Shell Belgium & Luxembourg for over 10 years. He has over 35 years of experience in technology, business development, and marketing. For the past few years, he has focussed a lot on digital transformation.
BECI is the ideal partner for any active company. The Chamber of Commerce helps its members in several ways:
- defends the individual and collective interests of Brussels companies.
- expands professional networks through events and its internal contacts.
- offers advice and support to companies at all stages of their growth.
Over the years, BECI has led many successful initiatives.
In response to the coronavirus crisis, BECI acquired 10.000 masks for Brussels workers. This was in collaboration with the citizens’ initiative #SproutToBeBrussels.
BECI offers 8 different categories of services:
- Support for entrepreneurs wanting to launch a business.
- Help with finding clients, suppliers, and partners through networking events and services.
- Raise awareness and support prospective buyers and sellers.
- Increase company visibility through their social media platforms.
- Information and advice about mobility.
- Provide expertise to companies wanting to export.
- Support to companies in difficulty.
- Help entrepreneurs and businesses needing a new start.
BECI has four priorities when it comes to doing the best for its members:
- Nurture a favourable climate to business and entrepreneurship.
- Strengthen employers’ power through relevant analyses and greater representation of a large and diverse group of members.
- Make stakeholders and public bodies accountable through active participation in various consultative bodies and management mandates.
- Ensure subsidiarity and good public governance.
How to become a member
You must fill in an application and conduct a presentation to the Administration Council.
Find more information here.
Olivier P. Vandermeersch is the CONNECTS moderator and key contact for BECI. He is the International Business Advisor for BECI. He helps businesses in Brussels create their international Go to Market strategy by delivering accurate information and by introducing them to other business partners in Belgium or abroad.
Olivier is also in charge of connecting international companies wanting to reach a European market to businesses in Brussels and Belgium more broadly.
He joined BECI in August 2020.
You can find the BECI offices at Avenue Louise 500, 1050 Bruxelles, Belgium.
Link with CONNECTS
BECI joined CONNECTS in 2017. Since then, members of BECI have been able to access thousands of opportunities across the world.
A perfect example of how CONNECTS can benefit entrepreneurs is when the BECI moderator posted an opportunity on the platform related to COVID-19.
Soon after, The Caribbean Chamber of Commerce in Europe (CCCE) showed interest.
This led to a successful collaboration between the two chambers, allowing for business resilience and continuity in a time of crisis.
As we move into a post-corona world, such examples will become increasingly common.
CONNECTS is the best way to initiate trustworthy business collaborations across the world. Join CONNECTS through BECI here.
There are plenty of different networks on CONNECTS which you can access as a member, and the list is always growing. Check them out here.
We also have a range of partners whom we are in constant communication with to improve the platform.
Interested in making your company grow and prosper? Want to have access to BECI’s network?
Join CONNECTS and discover a world of new business opportunities you can trust. Enjoy our latest offer: free trial for 90 days. This offer includes:
- The opportunity to connect with all our members
- Validation by a moderator
- Access to the companies and member search tool
- View and create business opportunities
- Online training on how to use the platform
Business is all about confidence in the future. At CONNECTS we believe we can only develop strong business relationships through trusted networks.
We provide entrepreneurs with the best of both worlds, the digital and the personal user experience.
The platform is a unique, simple, and effective tool for online B2B matchmaking.